According to Bhutan's Minister of is officially going "100% cage free and organic".
Addressing the opening session, Prime Minister Jigmi Y. Thinley cited four reasons for the decision:
- Protection of soil health and fertility, ground and surface water, and biodiversity
- Creation of new economic opportunities
- Strengthening of the independence, self-esteem and self-reliance of the nation’s farmers
- Strengthening of culture and rural communities
1. good governance
2. sustainable socio-economic development
3. cultural preservation
4. environmental conservation.